Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Stikfas Workshop
Robot Project
Home
Contest Fodder
Sample Project
Craftsman Guild Tips
Shootin' Gallery
Photoshop Posters
Links

I've always wanted to try my hand at a custom using LEDs.  The problem is, I hate wiring, especially things this small.  Despite this, I started collecting all different sorts of LEDs.  Some came out of games, some out of movie-themed pins, some even came out of sneakers.  I threw them all together into this robot.

Left untouched for years, the giant rests...
robotseries1.jpg

The beast is revealed, but will he live again?
robotseries2.jpg

Power up slowly...
robotseries3.jpg

Is that a heart beating?
robotseries4.jpg

HE LIVES!!!
robotseries5.jpg

Okay, here's the breakdown:
 
The base is about 5% Stikfas (the frame holding up the overhead light) and 95% collected junk.  There is a red overhead light and the blue lights at the bottom flash in sequence, in a "chasing" pattern.  In it's former life it was an X-Men 2 pin given to Wal-mart employees.
 
The robot is 95% stikfas, with the remaining 5% being electronics or the rubber "strapping".  His optical sensor is a green LED and his beating heart is an orange LED hooked to a flashing circuit.  He was painted with silver enamel that tended to rub off as I worked on him, but I think it gives him an older, worn-out look.

Click the thumbnail for the full-sized picture.

         
unlitbase.jpg
unlit base
litbase.jpg
lit base
unlitrobot.jpg
unlit robot
litrobot.jpg
lit robot
robotfacecloseup.jpg
close up